1 Lbs Ground Lamb
½ Tsp Cumin
½ Tsp Ground Coriander
1 Tbsp Adobo
½ Tbsp Curry
¼ Tsp Pepper
1 ½ Roasted Red Pepper, chopped
Half Package of
½ Tbsp Thyme,
1 Tbsp Salted
2 Pinches of Salt
4 Large Dollops of Plain Greek Yogurt
Dash of Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Curry
1 Tsp Coriander
¼ Cup Scallions
Oil for Pan Searing
Buns for the burgers
- In a large mixing bowl combine spices, lamb and red peppers. Chill and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add Mushrooms. Saute for 2 minutes. Add Salt. Let the juices release and add the thyme. Keep warm and reserve.
- In a cereal bowl mix the yogurt and all the ingredients. Taste and adjust. Chill.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan and heat until just smoking. Add patties and be cautious of hot oil splattering. Sear for 3 minutes on one side and 2-3 on the other. That should bring the patties to med-rare. Keep on the heat for longer to reach desired temp of the meat.
- Toast the bun and spread yogurt on both sides. Add mushrooms and devour.
Ground lamb can be had at any butcher or the butcher at the supermarket could probably order it for you. It makes a delicious burger and it’s a good change-up from the usual ground chuck counterpart.Greek yogurt is important here too, not only does it have a ton of protein and cultures but its flexible with a myriad of flavors because of its creaminess and tang.