1 Butternut Squash, cut into 1” width rounds
1 Red Onion
2 Large Portabella Caps
¾ Cup Ricotta Cheese
½ Cup Walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
½ Tbsp Rosemary
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
Tomato & Rosemary
1/2 Clove Garlic,
½ Tbsp Rosemary,
1/s Tsp Ground
2 Tbsp Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut squash into 1” width rounds and bake until squash is softened but firm. Appx 30 minutes. Reserve and keep warm.
- Toast the walnuts, sprinkle with salt. Chop and add to ricotta mix well with a dash of salt.
- Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan. Core tomatoes and make an “X” on the opposite side. Boil for 1 minute. Drain, cool and peel off skin. Seed the tomatoes, discard the whites, cut tomato into cubes AND reserve the juice of the tomato that leaked onto the board.
- Slice red onion into 1” rounds.
- Heat butter in a skillet with rosemary and olive oil. Add reserved tomato juice. Cook for 2 minutes on med-low heat. Mix well. Spoon this over the onions & Mushroom. Roast the mushrooms at 350 F for 10-15 mins.
- Dice garlic.
- Add balsamic vinegar into a mixing bowl and in a slow steady stream pour in olive oil and whisk. Once emulisified add seasoning and garlic. Don’t dress the tomatoes yet.
- Flash the onion, mushroom and squash in the oven to reheat. No more than 5 minutes.
- Dress the tomatoes with the herb & vinaigrette emulsion, toss and mix well. Season if needed.
- Assemble. Top with ricotta/walnut quenelle.