This recipe placed in the 'Tapas from Coast to Coast'
Machego & Marcona Almond Crostini with a Sherry Vinegar Reduction
1 Cup Spanish Sherry Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Whole Coriander Seed
1 Teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
2 Bay Leaves
1/4 Cup Sugar
Machego Cheese, sliced into squares no larger than baguette rounds
Salt & Pepper
1. Toast baguette rounds until lightly brown.
2. In a small skillet pour sherry, coriander seeds, peppercorns and bay leaves and simmer until reduced by half. Strain and pour back into the same skillet. Add sugar until a syrupy consistency is attained. Reserve.
3. Slice Machego into squares and refriegerate.
4. Heat up a separate small skillet and toast almonds with salt and pepper until lightly browned.
5. Assembly: Place cheese on top of crostini, with almonds. Drizzle Sherry Vinegar reduction on tapas and around the plate.