Monday, July 9, 2007
Scalliflower & Vanilla Bisque
1/2 Head Cauliflower
1/2 Lbs Bay Scallops
3 Tbsp Cognac
1 3/4 Cups Heavy Cream
1/2 Tspn Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Vidalia Onion, ciseler
1 Liter Chicken Stock
1/2 Tbsp Salted Butter
Salt & White Pepper
1. Bring stock to a boil. Break down Cauliflower, destemming and reserving the fleurets. Add cauliflower to stock.
2. In a separate pan reduce cream by half (double-cream)
3. Saute scallops in butter and salt until just done. Flambe scallops with cognac and deglaze. Set aside.
4. Melt butter in same pan and saute onion at low-medium heat for 15 minutes to extract sugars.
5. Puree scallops, double-cream and onions. Reserve.
6. Puree cauliflower and stock. Add more stock if puree is too thick.
7. Combine puree's in a large sauce pot and reheat to infuse flavors. Add vanilla. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust.
8. Serve with warm nutmeg grissini's or sesame breadsticks.